Spice-Rubbed Chicken Wings
These flavorful wings are great for casual parties or game day get-togethers. The spice rub works well on other cuts of chicken, from thighs to drumsticks, even whole birds. For more heat, add a pinch of ground cayenne pepper to the blend.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground sweet paprika
- Wash and pat chicken wings dry. Sever wing tips at joint and save for later use.
- Place seasonings into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Rub wings all over with spice mixture. Place wings into mixing bowl, cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to medium heat or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place wings on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Place sheet on middle rack in oven and bake 15 minutes. Flip the wings, return to oven, and bake another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.