Spiced Apple Crumb Pie
Save to My Recipes
This is a cross between an apple pie and a spiced apple crisp.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed, divided
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup plus 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 6 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 deep-dish pie shell (9"), baked
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss apples with lemon juice in a large bowl. Add ½ cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup brown sugar, along with melted butter, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to blend ingredients; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, along with cold butter, rolled oats, and pecans. Mix with a pastry blender or fork.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared pie pastry. Sprinkle evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then check for browning. Make a foil ring to set on the crust edge to keep it from browning further or use a pie shield ring. Continue baking for about 15 minutes longer until apples are tender. Cool before cutting.