Spiced Bread Pudding
This is a delicious classic version of bread pudding with spices and raisins. Serve it plain or with your favorite caramel sauce
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups whole milk
- 5 cups torn French bread pieces
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8" square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until just hot. Place bread pieces in a large bowl and pour milk over bread; stir in butter. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs lightly; whisk in sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir into bread mixture along with raisins.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place baking dish in a larger baking pan and pour very hot water into the larger pan to a depth of about 1⁄2 inch.
- Bake for 20 minutes until set.