Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
Enjoy the silky and velvety texture of butternut squash with this wonderful soup. You can also try adding 1⁄2 cup coconut cream to this recipe to achieve a richer and creamier texture.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 large butternut squash (3 lbs.), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the squash and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and cook over medium heat until the squash is cooked and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Once the squash is cooked, place the cooked chunks in a blender. Add a little stock to make it easier to blend. Purée the squash.
- Add the squash to the stock. Add the turmeric, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.