Spiced Chocolate Drink
The flavors in this smoothie are reminiscent of Mexican hot chocolate—without all the added sugar and carbohydrates the traditional version contains. If cayenne powder is too spicy for your taste buds, simply omit it from this smoothie. Try adding a pinch of nutmeg instead.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine coconut milk, coconut oil, cayenne, cinnamon, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and water in a blender and combine thoroughly.
- Blend until desired texture is reached.
- Pour mixture into 2 glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks.