Spiced Mexican Mocha
Serve this coffee drink as a rich, chocolaty after-dinner drink.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, divided
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Place the 3 ounces of the chocolate, sugar, coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and water in a large saucepan and heat over low heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk. Beat with a hand beater until foamy.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and shave the remaining chocolate on the whipped cream.