Spiced Orange Chunky Applesauce
Orange zest and warm spices add a flavorful twist to this applesauce.
Serves: 20Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground clove
- Place all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Slightly mash apple chunks, if desired. Serve applesauce warm or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Try a mix of Granny Smith and McIntosh apples. The McIntoshes will cook down to a saucy consistency, while the Granny Smiths will hold their shape.