Spiced Pear Sorbet
Each variety of pear has its own distinct flavor and texture. Anjou pears are mellow in flavor, yet big in juiciness. If you can’t find Anjou pears for this recipe, choose Bartlett, which is mild with subtle citrus notes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. Anjou pears, peeled and cored
- ¾ cup coconut water
- ⅔ cup water
- 1–2 tsp. granulated stevia
- 1 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 2 orange slices
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat about 30 minutes or until pears start to turn mushy.
- Remove cinnamon stick and orange slices and process ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a baking dish and refrigerate until cool, at least 1 hour.
- Once mixture has cooled, pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediately.