Spiced Rice Pudding with Raisins
This recipe makes 2 to 3 servings. If not serving immediately, store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Serve cold, or warm briefly before serving.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups apple juice
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg, divided
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the apple juice and the rice. Stir in ¼ teaspoon nutmeg and allspice.
- Bring the rice to a boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for about 20 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rice from the heat. Stir the lemon extract and vanilla extract into the milk. Then stir in the milk, followed by the raisins.
- Whisk in the yogurt. Spoon the rice pudding into dessert dishes. Serve warm, sprinkled with remaining nutmeg.