Spiced Stuffed Peppers
Green peppers are divine, but red, yellow, and orange peppers have more vitamin C. You can mix leftover veggies in with the rice or lentils for an impromptu supper.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp. coriander seed, cracked
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 4 extra-large bell peppers
- 4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil on medium-low in a medium pan. Stir in onions and garlic, and sauté for 4 minutes. Add tomato, parsley, coriander, Tabasco, thyme, salt, and black pepper. When well mixed, spoon in rice, stirring to coat with oil, herbs, and spices.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, and remove seeds. Fill with rice mixture. Pour pureed tomatoes over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Serve hot.