Spiced Sweet Potato Sticks
This unusual appetizer has the best flavor. Sweet potatoes are very healthy for you, with lots of vitamin A and fiber. The sticks are good even when cold!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1⁄4-inch slices, then turn them and cut into 1⁄4-inch strips. Cut each strip in half lengthwise so they are about 2 to 3 inches long, depending on the size of the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sticks on two baking sheets. In small bowl, combine butter, lime juice, and salt; mix well. Drizzle over the sticks and toss to coat. In another small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over the sticks and toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring twice during baking time, until the sticks are golden brown and crisp. When the sticks are done, remove to paper towels to cool for 5–10 minutes, then serve with the Dip.