These tomatoes are excellent on bruschetta, tucked into sandwiches, or as a condiment.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. red, yellow, and orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- Pierce the tomatoes with a paring knife and place them in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the cloves, allspice, black pepper, and salt. Stir well. Place the brown sugar and vinegar in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour the vinegar mixture over the tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 2–3 hours.