Spiced Turkey Meatballs
Meatball recipes usually include bread crumbs as a filler and sometimes for an outside coating. This recipe uses ground potato chips. The eggs will hold the meatballs together, and who doesn’t love potato chips?
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups crushed low-salt potato chips, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 4 Tbsp. canola oil
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, eggs, garlic, oregano, basil, cinnamon, fennel seeds, cheese, 1 cup potato chip crumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Place a large sheet of waxed paper on the counter. Sprinkle remaining cup of chip crumbs on it.
- Form 1-inch meatballs from the turkey mixture. Roll meatballs in crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry meatballs until well browned, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and then either refrigerate, freeze, or serve with the marinara sauce of your choice.