Spiced Winter Fruit Compote
Save to My Recipes
This warm compote is spiced with ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg. It would be perfect spooned over toasted gluten-free pound cake, your favorite vanilla bean custard, or ice cream.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutes
- 3 medium pears, cored and cubed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 cup quartered dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ lb. dried figs, halved
- 3 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries
- ½ cup toasted flaked coconut
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- In a greased 4–6-quart slow cooker combine pears, pineapple, apricots, cranberries, and figs.
- In a small bowl whisk together orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, tapioca starch, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg. Pour orange juice mixture over fruit.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Stir in cherries 1 hour prior to serving.
- To serve, spoon warm compote into dessert dishes. Top with coconut and nuts.