Spiced Zucchini Soup
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 cups chopped zucchini
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. packed brown sugar
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook the zucchini, onions, celery, garlic, curry powder, salt, cinnamon, and pepper in the oil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour in the stock and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- In blender or food processor, purée the zucchini mixture, in batches, until smooth. Pour into a clean saucepan. Reheat, but do not boil.