Spicy Asparagus, Snow Pea, and Noodle Salad
This crisp and spicy salad is perfect for lunch, and will be an unexpected hit at potlucks or barbecues.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 6 oz. soba noodles
- 2 medium scallions (white and green parts), roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cup snow pea pods, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1⁄2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground Sichuan pepper
- Pour 1 1⁄2 inches of water into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and place a collapsible steamer basket into the pan. Place asparagus in steamer basket, and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the water and shock in ice water. Drain asparagus and pat dry.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place asparagus, noodles, scallions, and pea pods in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, tamari, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, and Sichuan pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss well to coat.