Spicy Barbecue Sauce
Try this spicy Georgia barbecue–inspired sauce drizzled over pork or beef sandwiches, meatballs, or in pulled pork.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 3 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1½ Tbsp. mustard powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Place all ingredients into a 2-quart slow cooker. Whisk to combine. Cook on low for 3 hours. Whisk smooth. Refrigerate any leftover sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.