Spicy Beef-Stuffed Mushrooms
The mushrooms should be 2
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. chopped sirloin
- ½ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1" piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 12 large mushroom caps, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the sirloin, onion, garlic, ginger, and oregano for 5–8 minutes, mixing constantly to break up lumps. When the meat turns pink (but not gray or brown), remove from the heat and add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg.
- Place mushrooms in a single layer in a large baking pan. Divide the stuffing among the mushrooms. Pour enough water around the mushrooms to come ¼" up the sides in the pan.
- Bake the mushrooms for 25 minutes.