Spicy Beef-Stuffed Mushrooms
The mushrooms should be 2 1⁄2 inches across. You can sprinkle them with chopped fresh herbs of your choice when done.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb. chopped sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 piece (1 inch) ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 12 large mushroom caps, stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the sirloin, onion, garlic, ginger, and oregano for 5 to 8 minutes, mixing constantly to break up lumps. When the meat turns pink (but not gray or brown), remove from the heat and add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes, then stir in egg.
- Place mushrooms in a single layer in a large baking pan. Divide the stuffing among the mushrooms. Pour enough water around the mushrooms to come 1⁄4 inch up the sides in the pan.
- Bake the mushrooms for 25 minutes.