Spicy Bison Stew
Bison contains fewer calories, less fat, and more iron per serving than both beef and chicken!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 small onions, peeled and sliced
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 lbs. bison meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups unsalted beef broth
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Place onions, carrots, celery, and jalapeño peppers in a 4- or 6-quart slow cooker. Add bison meat and all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve hot.