Spicy Black Bean Bisque
Jalapeño peppers carry most of their heat in the seeds and inner ribs. If you want a milder soup, split the pepper in half and remove the seeds before using.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) black beans
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drain and rinse black beans. Place beans, jalapeño pepper, and half-and-half in blender; pulse until blended. Add cumin; blend until puréed.
- Pour purée into saucepan; cook over medium heat until just bubbling at sides of pan. Ladle into bowls; garnish with sour cream or crème fraîche and chopped herbs.