Spicy Caesar Salad with Chipotle Dressing
Not an Italian invention at all, the Caesar salad was first made in Tijuana, Mexico. This tidbit offers creative license to use a uniquely Mexican ingredient, chipotle peppers, in this dressing.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups washed, dried, and chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup croutons
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lime juice, Parmesan, anchovy, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise, and chipotle pepper. Whisk together well. Slowly whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream. When incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lettuce and toss well. Place in the center of a large salad plate and toss the chicken, olives, and croutons over the salad.