Spicy Cheddar Cheese Crackers
These homemade crackers are a fun way to get the family involved in the kitchen. Kids will love being able to roll their own dough and everyone will love the snack-worthy end result.
Serves: 4Prep: 1 hour 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine cheese, butter, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and flour. Mix on low speed until crumbled. Slowly add 1 tablespoon water at a time until dough clumps together.
- Divide dough into two flat disks. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll each dough into a ⅛” thin 10”x12” rectangle. Use a fluted pastry wheel to cut dough into 1” squares; transfer squares to prepared baking sheets. Use a toothpick to poke a hole in the center of each square.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Allow to cool.