Spicy Cheddar Hamburger Dip
A hearty dip with ground beef and garlic, this dish could also be served over cooked rice for a Mexican-inspired gluten-free meal. For a cheesier dip, add 8 ounces cream cheese along with the Cheddar cheese.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. gluten-free chili powder
- 1 bag (13 oz.) tortilla chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat with the onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Drain the fat and pour browned ground beef mixture into a greased 2.5-quart slow cooker.
- Add salt, tomato sauce, oregano, cheese, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Spread tortilla chips on a serving platter. Pour hamburger dip over chips and top with sour cream.