Spicy Chicken Breasts with Fruit Chutney
There are several types of pears to choose from, but first try either Bosc or Anjou (if available) in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. whole-wheat flour
- 1½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ lbs. chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pears, cored and diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. raisins
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix together the flour, black pepper, and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add chicken and cook until done, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to serving dish and cover loosely with foil.
- While the chicken rests, prepare the chutney: Mix together the pears, shallots, raisins, lemon zest and juice, and honey. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pears and shallot are softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the chicken, and serve with chutney.