Spicy Chicken Burgers
You can substitute ground turkey or pork for the chicken. Adjust the quantity of pepper flakes to control the spiciness.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Clean and oil the broiler rack. Preheat the broiler to medium.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl, mixing lightly. Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Broil the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side until firm through the center and the juices run clear. Transfer to a plate and tent with tinfoil to keep warm. Allow to rest for 1–2 minutes before serving.