Spicy Chicken Tenders with Creamy Mango Dip
This recipe is reminiscent of Buffalo chicken wings, a spicy appetizer that combines chicken with a creamy blue cheese dip.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup diced mango
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse mayonnaise, mango, cilantro, honey, and lemon juice until almost smooth. Scrape into a small bowl and set aside.
- Spread chicken tenders onto waxed paper. On shallow plate, combine cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, egg, and salt and mix well.
- Place bread crumbs on another plate. Dip chicken tenders, two at a time, into egg mixture and then into breadcrumbs to coat. Place on wire rack while coating remaining tenders.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken tenders, 4 or 5 at a time, for 6 to 9 minutes, turning once, until brown and crisp on the outside and fully cooked. Drain on paper towels as they are finished. Serve hot with the mango dip.