Spicy Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip
Whisk together a simple honey-mustard dipping sauce and chill it while you prepare a spicy flour, egg, and panko coating for chicken breast tenders. Fry the chicken and serve with the sauce. This is great as an appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. hot paprika
- 1 tsp. ground mustard powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups panko
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 300˚F. Place a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon, and lemon juice. Cover and chill.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together, the flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, mustard powder, and chili powder. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a third shallow bowl, add the panko.
- On a work surface, line the three shallow bowls up from left to right: seasoned flour, egg, panko. Put a large plate or baking sheet to the right of the bowls.
- Working with 1 tender at time, dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off excess; dip into the egg; and finally dredge in the panko, patting to coat well. Place coated tenders on baking sheet.
- In a deep heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil. Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on wire rack over rimmed baking sheet. Keep warm in oven until all of the tenders have been fried.
- Serve chicken with honey-mustard dipping sauce.