Spicy Chicken Wings
Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery ribs to complete this homey appetizer dish.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper sauce, preferably Tabasco
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. salt
- 2 lbs. chicken wings, split at joints into 2 pieces, wing tips removed
- Combine the vinegar, pepper sauce, honey, soy sauce, thyme, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken wings and toss well to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush it lightly with oil. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet. Place the marinade in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for about 6 minutes or until reduced by half. Brush the wings generously on all sides with the reduced marinade.
- Bake the wings for about 30 minutes. Turn the wings and bake for 15 more minutes.