Spicy Chipotle Gazpacho
This soup makes a great showcase from your summer garden! Use only the freshest ingredients and remove the seeds from the vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1½ lbs. plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 chipotle chili pepper (canned in adobo sauce), drained and chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- ¼ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ quarts vegetable broth
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except broth. Purée all but a quarter of this mixture in a blender.
- Add broth to puréed mixture in blender and continue to purée until smooth. To serve, ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with reserved vegetable mixture.