Spicy Chocolate Almond Green Tea Smoothie
Although puréed dates lend a chocolatey sweetness to smoothies all by themselves, this recipe combines sweet dates, raw cacao powder, and cayenne pepper for a delightful, slightly spicy chocolate smoothie.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups purified water
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 2 medium pitted dates
- 1 Tbsp. powdered cacao
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- Pulp of ½ vanilla bean
- Combine 1 cup water and almonds in a blender and emulsify until no nut pieces remain.
- Add lettuce, banana, dates, cacao, cayenne, and vanilla bean and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add remaining water while blending until desired consistency is achieved.