Spicy Crab Cakes
These delicious crab cakes can be served as a main dish or first course. Serve them with lemon wedges and rémoulade or cocktail sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1–1¼ cups fine, dry bread crumbs, divided
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil
- Drain crabmeat and break up slightly, discarding any pieces of shell or cartilage. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg; stir in mayonnaise, ¾ cup bread crumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce. Gently fold crabmeat into mixture until well combined.
- With your hands, shape mixture into patties, flattening slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat about ½" oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Gently roll or press crab cakes into more breadcrumbs. Fry patties for about 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Drain on paper towels.