Spicy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Is there any meal that isn’t improved with a side of cheesy bread? This fun, pull-apart version works as a side for soup or even as a stand-alone appetizer.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (about 16 oz.) round or oval crusty Italian bread
- 6 ounces Murray's® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces Murray's® Le Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On baking sheet, crisscross two 24”x12” pieces of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Using serrated bread knife, cut bread loaf into a 1” grid pattern without cutting through the bottom crust. Transfer to center of aluminum foil.
- In medium bowl, toss together cheddar and gruyere cheeses. Set aside.
- In small skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter. Cook garlic and red pepper flakes until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Brush or drizzle butter on cut sides of bread.
- Using clean hands, gently stuff shredded cheese mixture between bread pieces.
- Loosely wrap loaf with foil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Peel back foil to expose top and part of the side of the bread. Continue baking 10 to 12 minutes or until bread is crusty on the top and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.