A traditional guacamole is a crowd-pleasing appetizer or a tasty addition to a simple sandwich or wrap.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ½ cup minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small Serrano chili pepper
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- Cut avocados in half. Remove the seed and peel. Place in a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Mix ingredients together.
- Cut open chili pepper and scrape out stems, seeds, and veins with the tip of a knife. Mince the pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness.
- Add chopped tomatoes just before serving.