Spicy Marinara Sauce
This sauce is perfect for many various dishes. You can adjust the spiciness by increasing or decreasing the red pepper flakes.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ¾ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- ¾ tsp. ground marjoram
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add onion, garlic, oregano, parsley, rosemary, basil, marjoram, and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 75 minutes.