Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fondue
Your guests will flip for this spicy chocolate dip.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fruits like apples, pears and bananas, cut into bite size pieces, for serving
- Marshmallows, for serving
- Cubed pound cake, for serving
- Skewers, for dipping
- In a mini saucepan, add heavy cream, vanilla, ground cinnamon and chili powder and place on medium heat.
- Stir with a small wooden spoon or soft spatula until dissolved and heavy cream is steaming.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and add hot heavy cream. Allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- Whisk heavy cream and chocolate until completely melted and the fondue is thick and velvety.
- Pour chocolate back in mini saucepan.
- Place saucepan on low heat until it begins to bubble and serve with fruits as well as marshmallows and cubed pound cake.