Spicy Mustard Chicken Skewers
The mixture of mustard, vinegar, and butter makes this delicious. Serve over baby greens with a light dressing on the side.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tsp. celery salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Flour for dredging
- Vegetables of your choice— peppers, onions, etc.
- Mix butter, mustard, vinegar, celery salt, pepper, and cayenne together until well blended.
- Cut the chicken into chunks and dredge with flour.
- Place the mustard-butter mixture in a shallow dish and roll the chicken in it until evenly coated. At this point, you can wrap the chicken in plastic and refrigerate if you want to cook and serve it later.
- Set the grill to medium or let the coals die to ashes.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers. Grill until the chicken is nicely browned, about 3 minutes, and then turn and grill for 3 more minutes.