Spicy Orecchiette with Rapini
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 dried chili peppers
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 lb. rapini (broccoli rabe), tough stems removed
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil, garlic, and peppers until the garlic is golden brown. Remove the peppers. Add the anchovies and mash them with a fork until they almost dissolve.
- In a large pot, bring plenty of water to boil. Add salt, then add orecchiette and rapini. Boil gently for 15 minutes, until the pasta and rapini are semisoft to the bite. Drain, reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pot. Moisten the pasta with the liquid. Toss the orecchiette with the sauce and pepper flakes and serve immediately.