Spicy Pico de Gallo
Pico de Gallo is a Mexican classic. Add some fresh corn, avocado, or spices like cinnamon, cumin, and parsley for slight variations in the textures and flavors.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator.