Spicy Quick Pickled Asparagus
Here’s a wonderful way to put up fresh spring produce. Make your asparagus last for at least a week by tucking it into this tasty lemon-pepper brine. Pickled asparagus is wonderful on charcuterie plates or as a simple no-cook side dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried lemon rind
- 1⁄2 tsp. peppercorns
- 1⁄2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, cook vinegar, water, sugar, salt, lemon rind, and peppercorns together until mixture begins to simmer and salt dissolves.
- Place asparagus in a 1-pint mason jar Cover with brine. Twist lid on tightly.
- Refrigerate overnight. Store in refrigerator and enjoy within one week.