Spicy Rice Balls
Often called rice bombs at parties, these little bursts of flavor will make the guests come back for more.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Combine rice, curry paste, soy sauce, sugar, and kaffir lime leaves in a large bowl.
- Roll 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a round ball. Wetting your hands before rolling will prevent the mixture from sticking to the fingers. Place on a platter and repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan to 350°F, or use a deep-fryer. Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.