This spicy risotto makes a great accompaniment to any roast or meatloaf.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 Italian peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 large yellow onions, peeled and diced
- ½ bulb fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ cup pinot noir or other red drinking wine of choice
- 5½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 fresh plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram or oregano, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil to medium temperature in a large frying pan. Lightly sauté the peppers, onion, garlic, and rice for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine, and stir until absorbed. Add the stock ½ cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing each addition to be completely absorbed before adding the next. Continue until all the stock is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, and marjoram. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Serve.