Spicy Roasted Peanuts
Spicy Roasted Peanuts are popular during the Chinese New Year season because peanuts symbolize longevity in Chinese culture.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup hot water
- ¼ tsp. five-spice powder
- 2 cups unblanched peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Add salt to hot water, stirring to dissolve. Repeat with five-spice powder.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flavored water to peanuts, stirring well to mix.
- Distribute peanuts on a roasting pan. Pour any leftover liquid over peanuts. Roast at 300°F for about 45 minutes or until peanuts are a rich golden brown. Stir every 15 minutes to make sure they cook evenly. Cool and store in a sealed container.