Spicy Rum Cupcakes
Save to My Recipes
This version of a rum cake uses small Bundt pans for individual servings. They are cute and delicious.
Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1½ cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, ground
- 1 package (4-serving size) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup dark rum
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light rum
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 mini Bundt tins with nonstick baking spray containing flour. Divide toasted pecans among the Bundt tins; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, ground white chocolate chips, pudding mix, eggs, milk, oil, and ½ cup dark rum; mix to blend. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Divide mixture among the mini Bundt tins. Place on a large cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- When cake is almost done, combine butter, apple juice, and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add ½ cup light rum.
- Remove cakes from oven and place on wire rack. Pierce holes in the cakes using a long toothpick. Spoon ½ of glaze over the cakes, let stand 5 minutes, then invert onto serving plate. Brush with remaining glaze and cool completely.