These scallops are simple to make but are sure to impress even your fussiest guests. They are also tasty over pasta as a main course. Make sure to use the freshest scallops you can find.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 8 large scallops
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 piece (½") ginger, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a pan large enough to hold all of the scallops, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Season the scallops with salt, pepper, and coriander. Add to the pan and sear on one side for 4 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 2 minutes. Remove the scallops from the pan.
- Add the garlic, jalapeño, and ginger to the pan. Cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the wine and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan. Cook until the wine has cooked down by half. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter. Stir until melted and the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve the scallops on top of the sauce.