Spicy Seafood Stew
Use your favorite fish in this delicious spicy stew. Pick a combination of firm-fleshed fish that won’t easily fall apart or overcook.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup sliced leeks
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups canned peeled, chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- ¾ lb. skinless firm-fleshed fish fillets, such as cod, center-cut salmon, and/or halibut
- ¾ lb. medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, leeks, garlic, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, pepper sauce, lime juice, and seasoned salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Add the fish and stir, being careful not to break apart the fillets. Cook until the fish is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide among 4 shallow serving bowls and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.