Spicy Shrimp Pot Stickers
Out of round wonton wrappers? Cut square wonton wrappers into a circular shape.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ¼ lb. fresh shrimp (4 oz.)
- 3 medium dried mushrooms
- 1 cup ground pork
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots, shredded
- 1½ green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 package store-bought round wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
- ½ cup water
- Wash and devein the shrimp, and chop finely. Soak the dried mushrooms in hot water for at least 20 minutes to soften. Drain, remove the stems, and slice finely.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, shrimp, bamboo shoots, green onions, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the middle of a round of Pot Sticker Dumpling Dough or wonton wrapper. Wet the edges of the dough, fold over the filling, and seal, crimping the edges. Continue with the remainder of the dough or wonton wrappers. Cover the completed pot stickers with a damp towel to prevent drying.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add a few of the pot stickers, smooth side down. Do not stir-fry, but let cook for about 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of water. Do not turn the pot stickers over. Cook, covered, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Uncover, and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Loosen the pot stickers with a spatula and transfer to a serving platter. Repeat with remaining pot stickers.