Spicy Shrimp Tapas
This is one of the easiest recipes imaginable, but it tastes luxurious. Drink a glass of wine and pretend youʼre in a tapas bar in Spain.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1½ lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1½ tsp. hot paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Over low heat, warm the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook until it turns golden, 2–3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the shrimp, salt, black pepper, cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine then cook, turning the shrimp once or twice until they are nice and pink and the oil is bubbly, about 8–10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.