Spicy Slow Cooker Shrimp Creole
This Big Easy-inspired recipe may also be made by substituting meat or another seafood for the shrimp.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 1¼ cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallion
- Combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, cellery, onion, bell pepper, habanero pepper, garlic, black pepper, and Tabasco sauce in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add shrimp during last 30 minutes of cooking. Top with scallions before serving.