Spicy Southwestern Bean Salad
This cold bean salad with Tex-Mex flavors is even better the next day—if it lasts that long!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ⅔ cup corn (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1 red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, bell pepper, tomato, corn, and onion.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt. Pour over bean mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in fresh cilantro.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving to allow flavors to mingle. Add avocado and gently toss again just before serving.