Spicy Steak Fajitas
Skirt steak rubbed with spicy seasoning and chopped peppers and served with warmed corn tortillas makes for the perfect family meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. wheat-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. cumin
- 3 lbs. skirt steak
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 10 oz. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch, chili powder, salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, sugar, and cumin.
- Rub the steaks with the garlic and the prepared seasoning mixture and then cut it into strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, bell peppers, and cilantro for 3 to 4 minutes. Add steak strips and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon cheese into tortillas and top with steak mixture. Fold and serve.